LAZEE

Thursday, August 31, 2006

Reflection to “The Dog Ate My Disk, and Other Tales of Woe”

Tiffany Huang August 30, 2006 Sinclair

Reflection to “The Dog Ate My Disk, and Other Tales of Woe”

Caroyln Foster Segal’s “The Dog Ate My Disk, and Other Tales of Woe” fascinates me to the max. In my mind, I’ve always thought that people in college were more mature and would actually value what maybe their last four years of education before moving into the business world. After reading this article, I had a second thought. I was extremely disappointed at the attitude of the students. It turns out that not only are college students irresponsible to start with, but the students go overboard with their excuses and took advantage of the teacher or professor by doing so.

Lying is such a bad habit. Once you get away with the first lie, the second comes almost automatically. Making up excuses is lying, but sometimes, students have real excuses that are overused by those who just merely would say anything to get out of class. By doing so, it will arise a trust issue between the professor and the students because sometimes it’s hard to tell the false from the truth. Overall, I believe that the students who make these excuses in order avoid something will only lead them to regret because it will have an affect on the other students who really are having difficult situations and for themselves also when things do come up. While in college, those students need to get rid of their tendency of making up reasons by stop procrastinating and be more conscientious.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rachella said...

I agree-

You'd be surprized, though, how many people make excuses in the business world too.

10:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home